John A. Budesky, County Administrator
John A. Budesky has been the County Administrator for Goochland County since August 1, 2016.
John has been a local government administrator for over 20 years. Most recently John served as Deputy County Administrator for Hanover County, Virginia and prior to that role he served as the City Manager for the City of Manassas. He also was appointed as the Executive Director of the Virginia Workers’ Compensation Commission during two separate Governor Administrations. Prior to serving the Commonwealth, he was the County Administrator for New Kent County, Virginia, Assistant City Administrator in the City of Hagerstown, Maryland, and a Department Head within Washington County government, in Hagerstown, Maryland. He has also operated a private consulting company specializing in strategic planning, team building, and community relations.
He has obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in criminal justice, from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, holds a Graduate Certificate in Public Management from Shenandoah University, and a Management Certificate from the University of Maryland. He has obtained his Masters in Public Administration from Virginia Tech and is a Credentialed Manager through the International City/County Management Association.
John is a native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and in his spare time he enjoys sports, classic cars, motorcycles, movies, and antiquing. He is the proud and loving father of two children.
Derek provides oversight to the Parks & Recreation Department, Animal Protection, Convenience Centers, Major Capital Construction, Building Maintenance & Grounds operations, Fleet Management and other duties and projects as assigned.
Derek has worked in local government for over 12 years serving in Henrico and Hanover Counties prior to coming to Goochland in 2009. Since 2009, he had served as the County’s Parks, Recreation & Facilities Director.
He obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in Recreation, Parks, and Tourism Administration and subsequently earned a Masters of Public Administration with an emphasis in local government administration, both from Virginia Commonwealth University.
Todd provides leadership to the utilities operations and to the Community Development department and other duties and projects as assigned.
Todd has over 15 years of experience in Engineering, almost 10 years in Procurement and Capital Projects, over 4 years in the Federal Government and Military, and over 4 years in Local Government.
He holds an A.A. degree from Allegany College of Maryland and a B.S. degree from Frostburg State University, majoring in Environmental Analysis and Planning with a minor in Biology. He is a registered Professional Engineer in Virginia.
- Oversee the operations of the organization
- Serve the needs of the Board of Supervisors, and follow up on all pertinent matters
- Advance the Board's strategic priorities, working in collaboration with internal and external customers
- Present and monitor the annual report card of success indicators for the Strategic Plan
- Conduct and analyze the citizen satisfaction survey
- Promote transparency - issue Board agenda packets, maintain minutes and video/audio recordings of public meetings, provide spending details through the online check register, publish detailed annual budget documents, present detailed quarterly budget projections, etc.
- Answer requests of citizens and businesses, including responding to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests
- Maintain AAA credit rating
- Oversee all financial plans, including the annual audit, the operating budget, and the Capital Improvement Program @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>