COVID-19 Community Information & Resources
Goochland County Sheriff's Office Prescription Delivery for Qualifying Community Members
To encourage social distancing, the Goochland County Sheriff's Office (GCSO) will be providing an additional service to our community during the COVID-19 crisis. The GCSO Community Division is available to assist with delivering prescriptions to qualifying community members living in Goochland County.
The GCSO Community Division will pick-up prescription medication at the local pharmacies listed below and deliver those prescriptions to older adults and other county residents who are identified as having a higher risk of serious health complications if they were to contract COVID-19. This service will be provided for prescription medications only from the pharmacies listed below.
Pharmacies available for GCSO pick-up and delivery:
Goochland Pharmacy at 1956 Sandy Hook Rd.
Dawson's Pharmacy at 2728 Fairground Rd.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, people who are at higher risk from severe illness include adults 65 years of age or older, pregnant women, and those with underlying medical conditions that include heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, HIV and asthma.
Qualifying community members can take advantage of the program by following these steps:
- Call your pharmacy and refill your prescription.
- Pay for your prescription over the phone.
- Tell your pharmacist that a Goochland County Sheriff’s Office Deputy will be picking the prescription up.
- Find out when the prescription will be ready for pick-up.
- Call the Sheriff’s Office at 804-556-5349 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and tell them you would like to have a deputy deliver a prescription ready for pick-up at a local pharmacy.
- You will then provide your name, address, phone number and date of birth, as well as the name of your pharmacy and date and time when your prescription(s) will be ready.
- A GCSO deputy will contact you when your medication is ready to be dropped off.
- When the deputy comes to your house with the prescription(s), the recipient will be required to show the deputy a valid photo ID in order to prove ownership and sign for the prescription(s).
Goochland County Sheriff’s Office encourages everyone to follow the guidelines of social distancing and proper handwashing procedures. We hope this temporary service will help in limiting the spread of Covid-19 and further protect our community.
GoochlandCARES, a community partner of Goochland County, is OPEN, they are monitoring the coronavirus, or COVID-19, situation carefully. Their goal is to protect their staff, clients, and volunteers, while continuing to provide vital services as resources and circumstances allow.
Their plan includes minimizing person-to-person contacts by changing program delivery and cancelling group meetings and activities. GoochlandCares will update procedures as necessary based on federal and state recommendations as we strive to deliver critical services to the most vulnerable in our community.
For additional information, please visit http://www.goochlandcares.org/ or call (804) 556-6260.
Goochland Business Resources
The Goochland County Economic Development Department recognizes the need to support our local businesses during these difficult times. They have developed a dedicated website (http://www.goochlandforbusiness.com/241/COVID-19-Business-Information) to serve as a resource for Goochland businesses during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. In addition, it contains a list of both businesses that are still open and those that are temporarily closed.