The National Weather Service Office in Wakefield, VA has extended an excessive heat watch for Goochland and surrounding Richmond area counties on Sunday, July 21st.
Residents are encouraged to have a plan to beat the heat. Tips include:
- Wear lightweight, light colored, loose-fitting clothing to reflect heat and sunlight
- Drink plenty of water, avoid sugary beverages
- Stay cool in an air-conditioned area
- Slow down and reduce strenuous activities
- Never leave children or pets in hot vehicles
Over exposure to heat could lead to heat illness especially for people at risk including the elderly and kids. Heat stroke and any heat related illnesses is an Emergency – call 911 immediately.
Cooling Site Available on Sunday from 1p.m. to 7p.m.
One Cooling Site is available for citizens to go to if they need a place to cool off on Sunday, it will be open from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Goochland Sports Complex
1800 Sandy Hook Road
Goochland, VA 23063
Sunday, July 21st 1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.