The Courthouse Village Draft Final Concept Plan was published on November 19th for review and discussion ahead of the November 29th community meeting.
It is currently available on the County's Small Area Plan website at https://www.goochlandva.us/1212/Courthouse-Village-Plan. Comments relating to the latest draft version are currently being accepted on the website prior to and during the community meeting.
Some key concepts included in this plan are as follows:
- The Courthouse Village plan aims to assist with developing a vision for what could be allowed with long term development that fits existing character, has a sense of place/purpose as well as meeting current and future needs.
- A central focus is blending usage and historic preservation. This is a core value of this plan while also leveraging existing utility capacity long term.
- Growth in the Courthouse Village is expected to occur over time, this plan is intended for long range land use guidelines.
- The goal is to create a community feel and small-town vibe that appeals to residents and visitors alike; to provide mutual benefit to the business community.
- The village area identified for the Courthouse study is 5 sq. miles, with a Village core comprising about a 2 sq. mile portion.
Join us in-person on November 29th at the Goochland County Administration Building Board Room located at 1800 Sandy Hook Road, Goochland, VA 23063 or virtually via Zoom. Details and information are available at www.goochlandva.us/VillagePlans2022.