Monacan Soil and Water Conservation District (MSWCD) is accepting applications for the 2024 Virginia Agricultural Cost Share (VACS) Program. They are here to help farmers and landowners who are interested in maximizing production and protecting their land resources.
MSWCD works closely with producers in Goochland and Powhatan counties to design and implement best management practices that are specific to the producer’s conservation needs.
VACS Program practices include, but are not limited to:
- Cover crops*
- Livestock stream exclusion & grazing land management
- Nutrient management plans
- Permanent grassland on cropland
* Cover crop sign-up is due by August 31, 2023
The program year begins July 1 and demand for assistance can be great, so timely applications are encouraged. Contact MSWCD for specific application deadlines.
Individuals, partnerships, corporations, trusts or other businesses operating farms in Virginia may qualify for cost-share assistance.
- Be approved in advance by your local soil and water conservation district board.
- Meet technical specifications of the VACS program.
- Pass a field inspection, if one is required, prior to receiving payment.
- Be subject to spot checks throughout the project lifespan.
For more information, please contact the Monacan Soil and Water Conservation District at 804-556-4936. Their offices are located at 2748 Dogtown Road, Goochland, VA 23063.