What is a Plan of Development (POD)?
The Plan of Development (POD) review process was implemented to ensure that certain types of development meet the applicable requirements of the zoning, subdivision, building, and fire codes and ordinances.
A Plan of Development is a multiphase process during which the applicant submits for review and approval drawings of a property that depict proposed building layout, water and sewer lines, roads, drainage, landscaping and other necessary improvements. The proposed use of the property must be permitted by the current zoning classification. The POD is reviewed and approved administratively by staff after reviews by Environmental Engineering, Zoning, VDOT, Public Utilities, Building Official, and the Fire Marshal. If required, a POD must be approved prior to issuance of any building permit associated with the POD approval.
Click here for more information

Show All Answers

1. What is a Plan of Development (POD)?
2. When is a Plan of Development required?
3. What do I need in order to apply for a POD?
4. What is the POD review procedure? What can I expect?
5. Who do I contact to find the status of my POD review?
6. What is a Land Disturbing Permit (LDP)?
7. When is a Land Disturbance Permit (LDP) required?
8. What do I need in order to apply for a LDP?
9. What is the LDP review procedure? What can I expect?
10. Can my POD & LDP be reviewed together?
11. What is a Stormwater Management Permit?
12. Do I have to get a Stormwater permit for Single-Family Detached Residential Structures?
13. Who do I contact if I want to install a culvert for a driveway?
14. I am a developer and want to build a road. What permits do I need?
15. Who do I contact if I want to build a bridge or install a culvert across a creek?
16. Who do I contact if I want to create a pond? build a dam?
17. My well needs to be replaced. Who do I contact?
18. I need to find the location of my septic tank. Who do I contact?
19. The County has issued my Plan of Development (POD) or my Land Disturbance Permit (LDP). Who do I need to contact for my pre-construction meeting?
20. The County informed me that I need to post a Bond for site improvements. What paperwork do I need?
21. What is a Responsible Land Disturber (RLD)? Is there a required RLD form?
22. My building and site is complete. How can I get my bond released?
23. When can apply for my Stormwater Management Permit?
24. What is the Stormwater Management Permit process? What can I expect?