Can someone from your agency come look at my property?

The Department of Building Inspection cannot perform specific on-site evaluations. It does, however, provide information like the shrink-swell map and assists with interpreting and using the information. An engineered soil report by a qualified professional will address soil issues specifically related to your property.

Show All Answers

1. Do shrink-swell soils go by other terms?
2. Why Do These Soils Expand?
3. I want to build a house in an area with Shrink Swell. Should I reconsider?
4. Can someone from your agency come look at my property?
5. What is an engineered soil report?
6. When is an engineered soil report required?
7. How come I have never heard of shrink-swell soil?
8. My house is already built. Is there any way to minimize the effects of shrink swell soils without having to support my foundation?
9. Where did the Goochland County map information come from?
10. Why did Goochland County update their shrink swell soil policy in 2019?
11. My foundation is settling. What can I do?
12. What enabling legislation/authority allows Goochland County to require a shrink swell soil report?