What Zoning do I need?
Each zoning district permits certain land uses by right and others by special permit, called a conditional use permit (CUP).
Review the zoning ordinance to determine how a property may be used and contact the Zoning Administrator for an official determination.
Upon request, a letter from the Zoning Administrator can be issued that confirms whether or not a use is permitted. To obtain such a letter, please submit an application for a zoning compliance letter.
If a property owner wishes to change the way in which a property may be used, a change of zoning classification or a conditional permit may be required. See Rezoning brochure and CUP brochure for more information.
Planning & Zoning Applications & Documents

Show All Answers

1. What is zoning?
2. What Zoning do I need?
3. Can I subdivide or divide my property?
4. What is a Minor subdivision?
5. What is a Family Division?
6. What is a Major Subdivision?
7. Can I make my property larger or smaller? Adjust or delete a property line?
8. What is an Overlay district and where are they located?
9. Can I have a business in my home?
10. Can I add an in-law suite or second dwelling to my property?
11. How do I find property ownership information?
12. How do I order a missing or damaged street sign?
13. Do I need Zoning approval for my business license?
14. I want to build a farm building or a structure less than 256 sq. feet. What permit do I need?
15. How do I place a zoning complaint?
16. Who do I contact for addressing?
17. Where do I go to find recorded surveys, deeds, or plats of property?