The County offers 3 Anthem plans through The Local Choice (TLC):
- Key Advantage 250
- Key Advantage 500
- High Deductible Health Plan that can be paired with a Health Savings Account
The Key Advantage 250 and 500 plans both include vision benefits (Blue View Vision). All 3 plans include Delta Dental insurance.
Retirement & Disability Plans
Retirement and disability plans are provided by the Virginia Retirement System (VRS). Benefits vary depending on when you become a VRS member. VRS has a brochure (PDF) that covers the membership requirements and differences of each plan.
Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Covers full-time employees
- We pay 95% and the employee pays 5% of the cost
- Enhanced benefits for Hazardous Duty Public Safety Employees (LEOS)
Deferred Compensation Plans
Allows employees to make voluntary contributions to individual retirement plans. The County has 2 457(b) plan providers: Valic and Nationwide Retirement Solutions.
Hybrid Long-Term (LTD)/Short-Term Disability (STD)
- We provide LTD and STD benefits (at no cost to the employee) to all VRS hybrid employees
- If you become disabled and are approved for short term disability your income replacement is based on your years of service and would start after 7 days
- Your LTD benefit would start after you have been disabled for 125 days
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
We offer 2 FSA accounts. Employees may set aside pre-tax dollars from their paychecks to use for qualified medical and dependent care expenses. Unreimbursed Medical, up to $2,750 annually for expenses you pay out of pocket for yourself and your eligible dependents such as copayments, deductibles, eyeglasses, dental work, orthodontics, prescriptions. Dependent Day Care, up to $5,000 annually for expenses outside of your household for the care of a dependent
We pay 100% of your basic life insurance, which is 2 times your salary for a natural death or 4 times your salary for an accidental death.
The VRS offers full-time employees the opportunity to purchase additional life insurance. If employees purchase additional insurance coverage for themselves, they may also purchase it for their dependents. Additional life insurance will supplement the basic VRS group life insurance coverage provided by the county.
We offer supplemental voluntary insurance plans such as:
- Critical Illness
- Short-Term Disability
- Whole Life Insurance
Long-Term Care Insurance
We offer group long-term care insurance through the VRS, details include:
- All full time employees of the county and their eligible family members may enroll
- Voluntary benefits paid by employee
- This program helps with cost for long term care such as nursing homes and care received in the home to assist with bathing, eating and other daily living
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
We offer no-cost counseling services for all employees and their household members, regardless of participation in county health plans. Visit Anthem's website for more information.
We also offer services for legal/financial/identify theft assistance.