DMV Select services are available at the Commissioner of the Revenue's office located at 1800 Sandy Hook Road Ste. 220, Goochland, VA 23063. The DMV Select office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM, excluding county holidays. For DMV Select related inquires, call (804) 497-7100.
As a DMV Select location, we can process the following transactions:
- Titles – original (with or without liens), substitute, replacements, title maintenance (change information on title records)
- Vehicle registrations – originals, renewals, transfers, re-issues and surrender of plates
- Special and personalized license plate orders
- Dealer title and registration transactions
- Voter registration applications
- Transcripts – vehicle, driver
- Trip permits
- Overload permits
- Handicapped parking placards
- Address changes – that do not involve issuance of a driver’s license or ID card
- Returned checks – full payments only
Visit the DMV website at dmvnow.com/forms for required documents.
We cannot issue driver’s licenses (original licenses, renewals or replacements) and we cannot conduct driver license tests. Customers must go to a full service DMV branch for those services.
Most Virginians who renewed their driver's license or identification cards through the Department of Motor Vehicles' (DMV) website or U.S. mail last time now have the option to renew again online or through the mail rather than making an appointment for in-person service. Most credentials are valid for either five or eight years.
The Department of Motor Vehicles’ (DMV) mobile customer service center, called DMV CONNECT, visits the Goochland County Administration Building.
This full service office provides all DMV transactions including applying for and renewing driver's licenses, ID cards and Virginia’s new veterans ID card. Road and knowledge tests are available, and photos taken for Driver's License and Identification Cards.
You are encouraged to research and bring the required documents to complete your transactions. To determine what documents are needed, use the interactive document guide at dmvnow.com/forms or call (804) 497-7100.
DMV CONNECT Mobile Office Services and calendar can be viewed at dmvnow.com.