VDH will be hosting a statewide town hall meeting with community and medical leaders to answer your questions about the COVID-19 vaccine and distribution. The statewide town hall will broadcast live at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, February 10th locally on WRIC ABC 8 News and www.wric.com.
It will be hosted by Juan Conde, ABC 8 Anchor and includes panelists:
Dr. Laurie Archbald-Pannone, Geriatics and Palliative Care UVA Health
Dr. Danny Avula, Virginia’s COVID-19 Vaccine Coordinator
Dr. Cecilia Barbosa, Chair of the Health Committee for the Virginia Latino Advisory Board
Dr. Cheryl Ivey Green, Vice Chair, Virginia African American Advisory Board
Professor Cynthia Morrow, Director of the Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts
Dr. Norm Oliver, State Health Commissioner, Virginia Department of Health
Dr. Cameron Webb, Senior Policy Advisor for COVID-19 Equity serving the Biden Administration
Dr. Robert Winn, Director of VCU Massey Cancer Center
Post your questions through social media on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #VaccinateVirginia.
Learn more about Virginia’s COVID-19 Vaccine and Vaccination Response at the following links:
Vaccination Response: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine/
Vaccine FAQ: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-faq/vaccination/
Vaccine Fact Sheets: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/covid-19-vaccine/#general19
At this time those who live or work in Goochland County and the Chickahominy Health District and are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine under Phase 1a and Phase 1b can sign up for the vaccine via options below.
Priority Group 1A:
- Healthcare Personnel (hospitals and non-hospital healthcare workers)
- Long-Term Care Facilities
Priority Group 1B:
- Frontline Essential Workers (Police/Fire/Hazmat, Corrections and Homeless shelter workers, and childcare/PreK-12 teachers/staff)
- People Age 75+
- People Age 65+ with an underlying medical condition
- COVID-19 Vaccine Sign-Up Survey: Eligible individuals can complete the Chickahominy Health District’s COVID-19 online vaccine sign-up survey tool, which can be found here: https://forms.gle/fS8wcHMeBej1gMpA8. If you previously completed the Virginia Department of Health’s “When Can I Get Vaccinated” online tool, then there is no need to register again.
- Chickahominy Health District Hotline: If you prefer to speak to someone, you can call and sign-up over the phone by calling the Chickahominy Health District's COVID-19 call center at (804) 365-3240.
- Goochland County Age 65+ Hotline: Goochland County has a dedicated hotline mailbox to help residents Age 65+ and those who are unable to complete the online sign-up survey due to lack of technology access. Goochland's hotline can be reached at (804) 556-5828, residents will need to leave a message and a volunteer will call you back.