The following resources are available for those who are without power and are in need.
GoochlandCares Providing Free Bagged Lunches Sunday, Feb. 14th (1PM – 3PM)
GoochlandCares is providing a free bagged lunch to anyone who is in need from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 14th in their parking lot. One bag per family member will be provided, no other food is available. GoochlandCares is in the Courthouse Village at 2999 River Rd. West, Goochland, VA 23063.
Goochland YMCA Open for Shower & Power Needs – Feb. 14th (Noon – 4PM) Feb. 15th (5AM – 8PM)
The Goochland YMCA is open to the public Sunday, Feb. 14th from Noon to 4 p.m. and Monday, Feb. 15th from 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. for anyone who needs a shower or to charge electronic devices. Anyone who is not a YMCA member is asked to check in at the front desk. Everyone must wear a face covering while in their facility. Residents will need to bring their own towels and toiletries with them. The Goochland YMCA is in the Courthouse Village at 1800 Dickinson Rd, Goochland, VA 23063.
Residents are encouraged to practice generator safety while they await restoration of power. Below are a few important tips to keep in mind to keep your house and family safe.
Please remember to:
- NEVER use a portable generator in your home or garage.
- Point the exhaust AWAY from doors, windows, and vents.
- The generator should be at least 20 FEET away from windows.
- Turn off generators and let them cool down before refueling.
- Make sure to install Carbon Monoxide (CO) alarms in your home.
- Carbon Monoxide from portable generators can kill in MINUTES.
Report Power Outages
If you have lost power please make sure to report it to your utility company (Dominion Energy, Central Virginia Electric Cooperative, & Rappahannock Electric Cooperative). Do not assume it has already been reported. Remember to stay away from downed power lines, assume they are energized and dangerous. Please remain at least 30 feet away and ensure that others also avoid the downed line.
Below are the ways to report power outages.
For Dominion Energy there are three easy ways to report outages:
- Dominion Energy App: http://spr.ly/6183Hgh4d
- Online: http://spr.ly/6185Hgh45
- Phone: 866-366-4357
For Central Virginia Electric Cooperative there are three easy ways to report outages:
- Phone: 800-367-2832
- Online: mycvec.com
- CVEC App: MyCVEC app
For Rappahannock Electric Cooperative there are three easy ways to report outages:
- Phone: 800-552-3904
- Online: https://www.myrec.coop/outagecenter
- REC App: MyREC SmarthHub mobile app
Roads & Travel
The Virginia Department of Transportation advises that fallen trees & power lines continue to pose a risk to motorists. Please avoid unnecessary travel as much as possible.
- Report road hazards to http://my.vdot.virginia.gov or 800-FOR-ROAD (367-7623).
- If travel is essential, check http://511virginia.org for road conditions before you go.
- Call 511 from any phone in Virginia, visit www.511virginia.org or download the free mobile app at http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/511.asp#app.
Follow VDOT on social media:
Twitter: For area information, follow @VaDOTRVA and @511centralva
Facebook: Visit VDOT’s statewide page and follow the Richmond District group: