Goochland County is providing multiple resources for county residents as they continue to recover from Monday’s snowstorm.
Multiple locations are available for county residents to get warm and charge electronic devices.
Goochland YMCA – Open Daily for Shower & Power Needs (1800 Dickinson Rd, Goochland, VA 23063)
The Goochland YMCA is open to the public Monday- Friday until 5:30 p.m. for anyone who needs a shower or to charge electronic devices. YMCA is open Saturday from 7:00 am- 3:00pm and Sunday from 12:00pm-5:00pm.
- Non-YMCA members are asked to check in at the front desk.
- Guests will be required to show their ID and sign a guest waiver.
- Everyone is encouraged to wear a face covering while in their facility.
- Residents will need to bring their own towels, toiletries, and chargers with them.
Day and Overnight Shelter: Friday through Saturday morning at Goochland Sports Complex – (1800 Sandy Hook Rd, Goochland, VA 23063)
The Goochland Sports Complex at 1800 Sandy Hook Rd, Goochland, VA 23063 is open for anyone who needs to charge electronic devices or come get warm. Contact 804-657-2057 by 9 p.m. if you need overnight shelter.
- Residents will need to bring their own cell phone or other chargers.
- Everyone is encouraged to wear a face covering while in the facility.
- Bring toiletries, snacks, and medications.
- COVID safety measures are being followed (masks must be worn and practice social distancing).
Goochland County Animal Protection is providing citizens a daily opportunity from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. through Sunday to get water for their animals at Goochland Fire Rescue Station 5 located at 2710 Fairground Road, Goochland, VA 23063. Citizens will need to bring their own containers to fill with water for their animals.
Citizens who need to go to the Sports Complex for overnight shelter and need to shelter pets, can take their pets to the Goochland Animal shelter for overnight care. Their pets need to arrive before 6 p.m.
Emergencies & Urgent Needs
Please remember that calls to 911 should be reserved for emergencies only.
Residents with urgent needs resulting from the storm should call 804-657-2057, the county will work to address the needs as quickly and safely as possible.
Convenience Center’s to Waive Fees for Brush Disposal through Monday, January 31st
Goochland County will waive residents’ fees for brush disposal at the Central and Western Convenience Centers through Monday, January 31, 2022, to give residents time to clean up from the snowstorm that occurred on Monday, January 3rd.
The waiving of fees for brush disposal through Monday, January 31st applies to both the Central Convenience Center at 1908 Hidden Rock Lane and the Western Convenience Center at 3455 Hadensville-Fife Road. The Convenience Centers are open Monday – Sunday, 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Below are locations of the Convenience Centers.
|Central Convenience Center||Western Convenience Center|
|1908 Hidden Rock Lane|
Maidens, VA 23102
|3455 Hadensville-Fife Road|
Goochland, VA 23063
Power Outage Restoration
Our utility company partners are working as quickly and safely as possible to restore power. They continue to make progress towards restoration with a huge contingent of crews working out in the field today, as of 3:00 p.m. on Friday, January 7th, 17% of the county is still without power. It is essential that you report down power lines and outages to your provider, do not assume it has already been reported.
Below are ways to report power outages:
Residents are encouraged to practice generator safety as you wait for restoration by power providers. Please remember to:
- NEVER use a portable generator in your home or garage.
- Point the exhaust AWAY from doors, windows, and vents.
- The generator should be at least 20 FEET away from windows.
- Turn off generators and let them cool down before refueling.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we recover from Monday’s winter snowstorm.