As Goochland County recovers from the recent winter storm, the information and resources are provided below for residents to keep on hand if they lose power.
- For emergencies please call 9-1-1
- For non-emergency situations please call 804-556-5349
Warming Resources Are Available
Goochland YMCA - Open Monday for Shower & Power Needs (1800 Dickinson Rd, Goochland, VA 23063)
The Goochland YMCA is open to the public Monday from 7:00 am – 5:00 pm for anyone who needs a shower or to charge electronic devices.
- Non-YMCA members are asked to check in at the front desk.
- Guests will be required to show their ID and sign a guest waiver.
- Everyone is encouraged to wear a face covering while in their facility.
- Residents will need to bring their own towels, toiletries, and chargers with them.
Goochland Fire Stations
Residents can go to the nearest fire station to get warm, charge electronic devices, or for any other needs.
Goochland Convenience Centers CLOSED Due to Inclement Weather
The Central and Western Convenience Centers CLOSED on Sunday, January 16th at 2 p.m. due to inclement weather. They will be closed on Monday, Jan. 17th in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. The Convenience Centers will reopen on Tuesday, Jan. 18th at 7:30 a.m. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Resources
Please continue to stay off the road and limit travel to allow VDOT's trucks plowing & spreading treatment materials room to work. If you must travel, please take it slow and carry an emergency kit in your vehicle.
Power Outages and Downed Power Lines
It is essential that you report power outages and downed power lines to your provider, do not assume it has already been reported.
Power Provider Information:
Make sure to keep all cell phones and electronic devices charged in case the power goes out so you can communicate and receive important notifications.
If the power does go, residents are encouraged to practice generator safety while waiting for restoration by power providers.
Please remember to:
- NEVER use a portable generator in your home or garage.
- Point the exhaust AWAY from doors, windows, and vents.
- The generator should be at least 20 FEET away from windows.
- Turn off generators and let them cool down before refueling.
Goochland's CodeRED Emergency & Community Alert Notification System
The community is encouraged to sign up for Goochland County’s CodeRED Emergency & Community Alert Notification System at https://public.coderedweb.com/CNE/en-US/1380BACA5A57 or text GOOCHLANDALERTS to 99411.
The county uses this system to communicate important information and resources to the community during emergencies and other important times. You can also update and change the notifications you receive through this link.