Beginning this year, residents and drivers can get specific information about the status of Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) paving projects in the Richmond District, which includes Goochland County.
The new online map shows the current progress of the VDOT paving program, including:
- Richmond District road segments scheduled to be paved this year
- Whether roads scheduled for paving (red) are in progress (green), completed (blue), or rescheduled (black)
- Details on the specific type of pavement treatment, expected completion date, contractor, and construction manager’s contact information (by clicking on a road segment).
The map will be updated weekly as roads are completed.
The Virginia Department of Transportation maintains about 18,700 lane miles in fourteen area counties.
2017 by the numbers
Richmond area interstates will receive approximately $31 million in pavement resurfacing. This includes 101 lane miles of asphalt and concrete pavement repairs.
Primary routes will receive 238 lane miles of asphalt paving, repair and latex modified treatment totaling $27.5 million. These routes are numbered 1 to 599 and include major roads and highways.
Secondary routes will receive more than 855 lane miles of resurfacing totaling more than $23.5 million. These state-maintained roads are numbered 600 and above, and are typically neighborhood or low volume roads
Paving scheduled for major routes
Interstate 64 eastbound
- Between mile markers 166 and 169 in Goochland County
Interstate 64 westbound
- Between mile markers 156 and 158 in Goochland County
- Between mile markers 153 and 154 in Goochland County
- Near mile marker 168 at the rest area off and on ramps in Goochland County
- Near mile marker 152 at the off and on ramps at Route 629 in Goochland County
Interstate 95 northbound
- Between mile marker 36 and I-295 (mile marker 46) in Prince George County
Interstate 295 northbound
- Between I-95 (mile marker 1) and mile marker 13 in Prince George County, the City of Hopewell and Chesterfield County
- Between Route 10 (mile marker 15) in Chester and mile marker 21 in Henrico
Interstate 85 northbound
- Between mile markers 3 and 7 in Mecklenburg County
- Between US 58 (mile marker 12) and US 1 (mile marker 15) in Mecklenburg County
- Between mile markers 18 and 20 in Mecklenburg County
- Between mile marker 20 and Route 644 (mile marker 24) in Brunswick County
- Between mile markers 44 and 46 in Dinwiddie County
- Between mile markers 55 and 62 in Dinwiddie County
Interstate 85 southbound
- Between Route 903 (mile marker 4) and the North Carolina state line (mile marker 1) in Mecklenburg County
- Between mile markers 10 and 7 in Mecklenburg County
- Between mile markers 23 and 20 in Brunswick County