During the Goochland Day parade and festival on Saturday, May 7, 2022, there will be several road closures and detours drivers and Goochland residents should be aware of beginning at 10:00 a.m. to around 11:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
A complete list of closures and detours are below, please follow the Goochland County Sheriff’s Office on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/goochlandsheriff for any additional road closures, detours, or delays.
On Saturday, May 7, 2022, Goochland Day kicks off with a parade along River Road West (Route 6) from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and a festival at the Goochland Sports Complex from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. There will be food, games, live music, and more. For more information and details about Goochland Day visit https://www.goochlandday.com/.
Parade Road Closures and Detour Routes
Parade Road Closures beginning at 10am-approximately 11am:
- River Road West (Route 6) will be closed from Parrish Ford to the stoplight at Sandy Hook Road for the duration of the parade.
- Dickinson Road will also be closed to traffic at Fairground Road during this time. This is expected to last for approximately one (1) hour but may be longer.
Parade Detour Routes beginning at 10am-approximately 11am:
- River Road West (Route 6) East bound traffic should take Bulldog Way over to Sandy Hook Road (Route 522) to avoid any congestion at the stoplight.
- River Road West (Route 6) West bound traffic will have to use Maidens Road over to Fairground Road as an alternate route to get west of the courthouse area.
Festival Road Closures and Detour Routes
Festival Road Closures 11am-3pm:
- Sandy Hook Road (Route 522) will be closed from Fairground Road to River Road West (Route 6) for the duration of the event (11:00 AM until 3:00 PM).
Festival Detour Routes 11am-3pm:
- Traffic should use Dickinson Road and Bulldog Way as alternate routes to get around the Goochland Day event.
Please be patient and bear with the Goochland County Sheriff’s Office as traffic will be heavy due to the amount of people at the event.