The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) has announced the start of Phase 3 of the Fairground Road roundabout project. As part of phase 3, Fairground Road (Route 632) will be closed starting Monday, April 17th at 7:00 p.m. VDOT advises Phase 3 of this project is expected to be completed in July. Please be aware that Fairground Road near the Courthouse Commons Shopping Center, will have active construction during this time.
Phase 3 Detour Specifics:
- Sandy Hook Road (Route 522) will remain open throughout the remainder of the project. Fairground Road (Route 632) will be closed west of the Courthouse Commons Shopping Center.
- Sandy Hook Road will be under flagging operations at night.
- Dickinson Road (Route 396) will be used as a detour for passenger cars.
- Maidens Road (Route 634) and Bulldog Way (Route 724) will be used as a detour for truck traffic.
- VDOT has completed work on Dickinson Road ahead of the planned detour.
Motorists traveling through the area are advised to use caution, and plan for increased traffic and possible delays along their route.
The County is working on logistics and coordination for detour routes that will be needed for Phase 4 to bring the project to completion. The community is urged to use caution and pay attention to revised markings and signage when approaching the intersection during construction.
Drivers are encouraged to stay informed of road closures and impacts along the Fairground Road (Route 632) and Sandy Hook Road (Route 522) intersection. Once completed, the project will include a single-lane roundabout with additional turn lanes and sidewalks to improve user safety. Virginia Department of Transportation’s (VDOT) expected completion date for the project is Fall of 2023.
Announcements regarding future road closures and detours will be posted on the Goochland County website and Facebook page.
Additional information on this and other Goochland transportation projects can be found online at https://goochlandva.us/1242/Transportation and on VDOT Richmond District’s Fairground Road (Route 632) Intersection Improvements project page at https://www.virginiadot.org/projects/richmond/fairground-road-route-632-intersection-improvements-in-goochland.asp.