- Your Government
- Circuit Court
- Freedom Of Information Act
Circuit Court Freedom Of Information Act
In accordance with Virginia Code Section 2.2-3704.1 and 2.2-3704.2 the following information is provided:
Goochland Circuit Court Clerk’s Office FOIA Officer: Amanda S. Adams, Clerk
Telephone: (804) 556-5353 TDD 711 VA Relay
Please send requests for information to the following email address and specify in the subject line - FOIA REQUEST
The following documents are exempt from the requirements of FOIA under Virginia Code:
1. Juror and Grand Juror information
2. The records required by law to be maintained by the Clerk of the Circuit Court
3. Voter information
4. Personnel records
5. Computer software and source code
6. Account numbers, Social Security numbers, Juvenile information
7. Names and addresses of law enforcement officers
8. Concealed Weapons permit applications and licenses.
9. Victim identity information
10. Documents which have been sealed by court order.
This list is not all-inclusive. The Freedom of Information Act and other code sections are consulted on all document requests to ensure compliance with the law.
The following is extracted from section 2.2-3704 of subsection F of the Code of Virginia;
“A public body may make reasonable charges not to exceed its actual cost incurred in accessing, duplicating, supplying, or searching for the requested records. No public body shall impose any extraneous, intermediary, or surplus fees or expenses to recoup the general costs associated with creating or maintaining records or transacting the general business of the public body. Any duplicating fee charged by a public body shall not exceed the actual cost of duplication."
"All charges for the supplying of requested records shall be estimated in advance at the request of the citizen."