- Both parties are required to come to the Goochland County Clerk’s Office to apply for a marriage license.
- Both parties shall be 18 years of age or older, unless a minor has been emancipated by court order.
- See the link below for the information needed to be completed at the Clerk's Office.
- The fee for the license is $30.00.
- Government-issued photo identification will be required for both parties. If you are not a U.S. Citizen, two forms of identification are required and MUST be properly translated into English with a notarized signature.
- The marriage license is good for 60 days.
- A Marriage License Kiosk is now available for our customers to enter the marriage license application information on their own. It is located upstairs in the civil department.
If a certified copy is needed of the marriage license once it is received back in the Clerk’s Office, it can be requested in writing with a self-addressed stamped envelope or someone can come into the Clerk’s office to receive one. The cost for each certified copy is $2.50. The certified copy can be taken to any Social Security location in the Commonwealth to obtain a name change.