- Your Government
- Community Development
- Planning & Zoning
Planning & Zoning
There are no published events in current month.
A Section of Dickinson Road (Route 396) to Close for Culvert Replacement Project in GoochlandWeather permitting, VDOT will close a section of Dickinson Road (Route 396) between Sandy Hook Road (Route 522) and Fairground Road (Route 632) on Monday, April 3 through Tuesday, April 4 for a culvert pipe replacement project in Goochland. Read on...
River Road West (Rt. 6) Paving Work in Crozier Area to Impact Travel Through April 5thVirginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) has provided the County with an update on the paving work along River Road West (Rt. 6) in the Crozier Area. It will impact travel between 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM now through Wednesday, April 5th. Read on...
Goochland Shares Path Forward on Centerville and Courthouse Village Small Area PlansOn Tuesday, March 7th, Goochland’s Deputy County Administrator and Community Development Director, shared with the Board of Supervisors a path forward for Goochland’s Small Area Planning efforts involving the Centerville and Courthouse Villages. Read on...
Solar Energy Ordinance and Policy Update
Goochland County is proposing updates to our zoning ordinance related to solar energy facilities and energy storage facilities. Accompanying this ordinance update will be a policy that will provide guidance for zoning related to these facilities in areas such as siting provisions, size, buffering, impact mitigation, land disturbance, and decommissioning. We do encourage that you share directly with staff any questions and comments on the ordinance and policy recommendations by email @ firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, further opportunity for comment would also be available at future hearings before the Planning Commission and the Board of Supervisors.
The next public hearing on the ordinance and policy will be before the Planning Commission on April 6, 2023. The public hearings start at 7PM and will be held in the Board Meeting Room (250) at the County Administration Building at 1800 Sandy Hook Road.
To view the drafts click here for Draft Solar Ordinance Public and click here for Draft Solar Ordinance Public
Please fill out the Citizen and Customer Feedback Form to let us know ways to improve our service to you.
Staff may answer questions regarding permitted uses, building setbacks, signage, family subdivisions and splitting parcels, transportation, and future development in the County.
Planning and Zoning is the lead agency for:
- Administration/enforcement of County Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances
- Citizen participation, legal advertisement, and technical review of Rezoning, Conditional Use Permit, and Variance applications and certain County Code amendments
- Administrative support for Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, and Design Review Committee
- Zoning certification of site plans; building permits; sign permits; business licenses; and architectural, lighting, and landscape designs
- Certification of subdivision plats, vacation plats, and plats of record
- Oversight of the County’s Comprehensive Land Use Plan
- Transportation planning and coordinating projects with Virginia Department of Transportation (VDoT)
- Represent the County on regional planning, transportation, and environmental organizations
- Conservation Easement programs and NEPA environmental assessments
- Recycling and Litter Council activities
- Grant administration for selected grants
- Demographic data